Our 2017-18 season is well on its way and what a fantastic start to the year it has been! In addition to welcoming our new music director and Vermont Youth Orchestra conductor, Dr. Benjamin Klemme, the VYOA continues to expand. Prelude!, a yearlong beginning strings program for children in grades 2 through 5, is new this year. In September, VYO and VYP both gave fall concerts that brought audiences to their feet. What an exciting time for the VYOA and we look toward the future with great anticipation!
As the world around us continues to be ever-changing and uncertain, the arts provide solace and respite as well as a sense of hope and connection. Once a week our young musicians join us and immerse themselves in the act of meaningful music-making with their peers. As a VYOA donor, you can feel good knowing that your support will have a significant impact on our community’s youth.
For more than 50 years, the VYOA has continued to provide wonderful opportunities for all of our musicians, from our beginners to our most accomplished. They develop their artistry, build confidence, form friendships, and experience the joy of playing and singing great music.
Our students, staff, and families are feeling inspired by what lies ahead, and we hope you are too! We have an important question for you: will you support our students today with a donation of $25, $50, or $100? Your generous support will allow the VYOA to expand both performance and engagement opportunities for young people throughout our region. I invite you to be a part of this momentum and excitement for the future and to play a part in moving us forward by becoming a VYOA donor.
Donations from people like you ensure that we maintain a robust financial aid program, expand community engagement initiatives, and provide life-changing educational experiences for our young musicians. The participation of students from across Vermont in our ensembles makes us a better organization; one that inspires every child to fill our world with music.
I hope you will become a VYOA donor today and join us as we look to the next chapter of the VYOA. Thank you for making it possible for us to provide our musicians with experiences that are positive, inspiring, and joyful.
With great appreciation,
Did you know?
- Last season, instrumental and choral students received over 150 hours of sectional and individual coachings.
- This season, our orchestras and choruses will perform more than 20 concerts at venues and schools around the region.
- Since its start in 2012, Music Inspires has worked with over 400 students at schools in Winooski, Franklin County, and the Northeast Kingdom.
- On average, our ensembles perform for more than 2,000 schoolchildren across the state during school tours.
- Last season, 12% of VYOA students received over $25,000 in financial aid.
- Tuition covers less than 50% of our annual expenses.