Rent the Music Center
Rich in history, our beautiful facility not only provides a space for our ensembles to rehearse, it also caters to a variety of events including wedding receptions, music recitals, theater & dance performances, business meetings, retirement parties, etc. Nonprofit rates are available.
To schedule a walk-through of the facility or to submit a rental request, please fill out this form.
- Audience seating capacity: 350
- Dinner seating capacity: 225
- Spacious room with hardwood floors, high ceiling, stage & beautiful windows
- Stage: 35′ x 48′; 20″ above ground level
- Often used for performances with a medium to large audience expectancy, Wedding Receptions, Awards Ceremonies, Dinner Banquets, Band/Orchestra Concerts
- Audience seating capacity: ~75
- 52′ x 33′ with hardwood floors
- Baby Grand piano
- Often used for Studio Recitals, Chamber Group Rehearsals & Recitals, Orchestra rehearsals, Business Meetings
Large Classrooms (2)
- Seating capacity: 20-30
- Baby Grand piano in each room – cannot be removed
- Often used for Chamber Group Rehearsals, Small Meetings, Private Lessons, Dressing Rooms, Storage for extra catering equipment
Medium Classroom (2)
- Seating capacity: 15-20
- One of these is located across from the Kitchen, making it ideal for caterers to use as a prep room
- One of these rooms is located backstage & generally used as the “Green Room” for performers to relax in
- Often used for Private Lessons or as the “Green Room”
Small Practice Rooms (2)
- Seating capacity: 5
- Often used for Private Lessons & chamber music rehearsals
(additional charges apply)
- Oven, stove, microwave – useful for heating purposes only, not for large scale cooking
Equipment (based on availability for your rental date)
- 350 audience/dinner seating chairs (attractive & comfortable)
- 90 black orchestra chairs
- 150 black music stands
- 90 brown metal folding chairs
- eight 6-ft utility tables
- one 8-ft utility table
- Baby Grand Pianos on Stage, Orchestra Room, Classrooms 4 & 5
- 1 Wireless mic & stand (controls are located in the “Green Room”)
- Sound system
- TV with VCR/DVD player (on a portable cart)
- Stereo with CD & tape player (on portable cart)
For the safety of all:
- The use of candles or any open flames (chafing dishes are the exception) in any room of the Elley-Long Music Center is strictly prohibited.
- All children must be supervised by an adult for the duration of any event.
- Renters must provide a copy of their insurance certificate with the VYOA listed as additionally insured for their event.
Other things to note:
- Renters are responsible for all set-up & tear-down of events (including chairs, tables, etc.). The building should be left the way it was found.
- All trash must also be removed by renters after your event. There is a dumpster behind the building.
- For all rentals there is a VYOA staff person on hand to assist you for the duration of your event.
- Alcohol must be served by a licensed bartender (we request a copy of the liquor license as well for the duration of the event)
- Rental rates are based on the time you start setting-up until the time you leave the building after tear-down & clean-up.
- To schedule a walk-through of the building with a staff member, please call (802) 655-5030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your rental date, along with the signed contract. The balance is due the day of your event.
- A separate refundable damage deposit is also required to confirm your rental date. If there is no damage to the building & the space used is left clean renters will receive their damage deposit. The cost of any damage or time required by VYOA staff to complete the clean-up will be deducted from the damage deposit.
- Payment is accepted only by check made out to the Vermont Youth Orchestra Association.
Directions to the Elley-Long Music Center
From the Burlington Area:
Take Route 15 past Saint Michael’s College and Fanny Allen Hospital. At the signal just after Camp Johnson, turn left into Fort Ethan Allen. Take the second right onto Ethan Allen Avenue. The Music Center is the fifth building on the left, diagonally across from Vermont Public Television.
Take the first right after Susie Wilson Road and follow the signs for Ethan Allen Avenue, turning right into the fort, and left on Ethan Allen Avenue. Continue on Ethan Allen Avenue, passing Green Mountain Nursing Home and Ethan Allen Apartments. The Music Center is on the right just after the Ethan Allen apartment building.
From Interstate 89:
From the South: Get off at exit 15. Take a right on to
Route 15, and follow the first set of directions as though you are traveling from the Burlington Area.
From the North: Get off at exit 16. Take a right at the bottom of the ramp and head towards Winooski on Route 7/Main Street. Keep straight until you get to the Rotary. Follow the Rotary around to East Allen Street/Route 15. Then, follow the first set of directions as though you are traveling from the Burlington area.
Park only in the following areas:
– the paved lot directly behind the Music Center
– the grassy field behind the Music Center
– along Ethan Allen Avenue
Please DO NOT PARK in any of the following areas or you may be towed!:
– the lot adjacent to the apartment building next to the Music Center
– the paved lot across the street from the Music Center
– the pull-off area directly in front of the building. This area is for pick-up/drop-off of equipment and for people with mobility restrictions.