Renting the Elley-Long Music Center
Our beautiful facility caters to a variety of events including wedding receptions, music recitals, theater & dance performances, business meetings, retirement parties, etc. Nonprofit rates are available.
To schedule a walk-through of the facility or for a rental request form, please fill out this form.
- Audience seating capacity: 350
- Dinner seating capacity: 225
- Spacious room with hardwood floors, high ceiling, stage & beautiful windows
- Stage: 35′ x 48′; 20″ above ground level
- Often used for performances with a medium to large audience expectancy, Wedding Receptions, Awards Ceremonies, Dinner Banquets, Band/Orchestra Concerts
- Audience seating capacity: ~75
- 52′ x 33′ with hardwood floors
- Baby Grand piano
- Often used for Studio Recitals, Chamber Group Rehearsals & Recitals, Orchestra rehearsals, Business Meetings
Large Classrooms (2)
- Seating capacity: 20-30
- Baby Grand piano in each room – cannot be removed
- Often used for Chamber Group Rehearsals, Small Meetings, Private Lessons, Dressing Rooms, Storage for extra catering equipment
Medium Classroom (2)
- Seating capacity: 15-20
- One of these is located across from the Kitchen, making it ideal for caterers to use as a prep room
- One of these rooms is located backstage & generally used as the “Green Room” for performers to relax in
- Often used for Private Lessons or as the “Green Room”
Small Practice Rooms (2)
- Seating capacity: 5
- Often used for Private Lessons & chamber music rehearsals
(additional charges apply)
- Oven, stove, microwave – useful for heating purposes only, not for large scale cooking
- Coffee Maker (drip)-renters provide their own coffee, cream, sugar, cups
- Limited number of utensils, dishes, glassware, cookware
Equipment (based on availability for your rental date)
- 350 audience/dinner seating chairs (attractive & comfortable)
- 90 black orchestra chairs
- 150 black music stands
- 90 brown metal folding chairs
- eight 6-ft utility tables
- one 8-ft utility table
- Baby Grand Pianos on Stage, Orchestra Room, Classrooms 4 & 5
- 1 Wireless mic & stand (controls are located in the “Green Room”)
- Sound system
- TV with VCR/DVD player (on a portable cart)
- Stereo with CD & tape player (on portable cart)
For the safety of all:
- The use of candles or any open flames (chafing dishes are the exception) in any room of the Elley-Long Music Center is strictly prohibited.
- All children must be supervised by an adult for the duration of any event.
- Renters must provide a copy of their insurance certificate with the VYOA listed as additionally insured for their event.
Other things to note:
- Renters are responsible for all set-up & tear-down of events (including chairs, tables, etc.). The building should be left the way it was found.
- All trash must also be removed by renters after your event. There is a dumpster behind the building.
- For all rentals there is a VYOA staff person on hand to assist you for the duration of your event.
- Alcohol must be served by a licensed bartender (we request a copy of the liquor license as well for the duration of the event)
- Rental rates are based on the time you start setting-up until the time you leave the building after tear-down & clean-up.
- To schedule a walk-through of the building with a staff member, please call or email (802) 655-5030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your rental date, along with the signed contract. The balance is due the day of your event.
- A separate refundable damage deposit is also required to confirm your rental date. If there is no damage to the building & the space used is left clean renters will receive their damage deposit. The cost of any damage or time required by VYOA staff to complete the clean-up will be deducted from the damage deposit.
- Payment is accepted only by check made out to the Vermont Youth Orchestra Association.