- Energy spent on worrying is better spent on practicing!
- Remember that the only thing you have control over is your audition preparation – focus on that instead of the things out of your control (such as how others sing).
- Replace negative/anxious thoughts with positive ones – instead of thinking that you’ll feel horribly nervous, think about how relaxed and excited you will feel to be able to sing for people.
- Have family and friends help you prepare by walking into a room and singing for them as you would in an audition. Doing this will teach you how to switch into performance mode quickly.
- Drink water! You will feel better!
Posted in: Audition Preparation